Do you feel an urge for a cup of coffee when you get up in the morning?
Because it boosts your energy and metabolism on daily basis. Along with its universal use as beverage hot or cold its benefits as an alternative remedy for skin are being recognized in modern age. Due to exposure of your skin to the polluted, humid and sunny environment like in India, you must be thankful to its antioxidants which fight free radicals causing skin damage.
While intake a cup of coffee provides antioxidants internally, the granules of ground coffee beans enrich your skin topically. Face mask or face scrub using coffee as main ingredient lends many benefits to the skin.
Let’s discuss these benefits here:
- It is rich in antioxidants which protects the skin from free radicals present in polluted environment.
2. It protects the skin from harmful UVB rays.
3. It improves the skin hydration and elasticity.
4. It promotes the blood circulation and reduces the swelling in skin tissues
5. It reduces inflammation which causes pigmentation.
6. Caffeine in the coffee is thought to help dilate blood vessels that contribute to dark circles.
7. It works as an antiaging agent by reducing the cellulite effects like bumpy and dimpled skin after 35-40. etc.
DIY Recipe for the skin:
The coffee powder can be used as main ingredient in
- Face scrub
- Body Scrub
- Face Mask
- Scalp Exfoliator
- Spray to calm sun burns etc.
The writer is not licensed practitioner. Please consult a certified dermatologist if the above suggestions do not work or cause any reaction to your skin!